14 November 2017 - FAMOUS LAST WORDS





FAMOUS 
LAST WORDS

G'day folks,

Time for some more of those famous last words from the rich and famous.


49. Maximilian – Emperor of Mexico

“I forgive everybody. I pray that everybody may also forgive me, and my blood which is about to be shed will bring peace to Mexico. Long live Mexico, Long Live Independence.”


 50. Lord George Byron – Writer


‘Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight.’


51. François Rabelais – Writer

“I owe much; I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor.”


52. Malcolm X – Black leader

“Let’s cool it brothers…”


53. Franz Leher –  Composer

“Now I have finished with all earthly business, and high time too. Yes, yes, my dear child, now comes death.”


54. Johannes Brahms – Composer

“Ah, that tastes nice. Thank you.”


55. Elizabeth I – Queen of England

“All my possessions for a moment of time.”


56. Ethan Allen – American Revolutionary general

“Waiting are they? Waiting are they? Well–let ’em wait.”.


57.  Jessica Dubroff – Seven-year-old Pilot

“Do you hear the rain? Do you hear the rain?”


58. Chief Sitting Bull – Activist

“I am not going. Do with me what you like. I am not going. Come on! Come on! Take action! Let’s go!”


59. Richard Feynman – Physicist

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”


 61. Tallulah Bankhead – Actress


“Codeine . . . bourbon”.


62. Woodrow Wilson – US President

“I am ready”.


63. Louis XVIII – King of France

“A King should die standing”.


64. Anton Pavlovich Chekhov – Writer

“I am dying. I haven’t drunk champagne for a long time.”


65. Edward VII – King of Britain

“No, I shall not give in. I shall go on. I shall work to the end.”


Clancy's comment: And, your last words would be?

I'm ...









 

No comments:

Post a Comment