3 January 2018 - FAMOUS LAST WORDS





 FAMOUS LAST WORDS

G'day folks,

Welcome to some last words by noted folks around the world.


66. Louise – Queen of Prussia


“I am a Queen, but I have not the power to move my arms.”


67. Joseph Addison – Writer

“See in what peace a Christian can die.”


68. Alexander Pope – Writer

“Here am I, dying of a hundred good symptoms.”


69. James M. Barrie – Author

“I can’t sleep.”


 70. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe – Writer


“Come my little one, and give me your hand.”


71. Pietro Perugino – Italian painter

“I am curious to see what happens in the next world to one who dies unshriven.”


72. Georges Clemenceau – French Premier

“This time it will be a long one.”


73. Charles II – King of England and Scotland

“Don’t let poor Nelly (his mistress, Nell Gwynne) starve.”


74. Rudolph Valentino – Actor

“Don’t worry chief, it will be alright.”


76. James Joyce – Writer

“Does nobody understand?”


77. Jane Austen – Writer

“Nothing, but death.”


78. Louisa May Alcott – Writer

“Is it not meningitis?”


79. James Thurber – Humorist

“God bless… God damn.”


80. Boris Pasternak – Writer

“Good-bye . . . why am I hemorrhaging?”





Clancy's comment: So, what would your last words be?

I'm ...








No comments:

Post a Comment